Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wrong number

I still find it odd that I get so many wrong number calls on my cell phone. Todays progressed like this:

Me: Hello?
IPS: Hi, could I please speak to Jeremy?
Me: I think you have a wrong number.
IPS: Oh so is this XXX-XXXX?
Me: Yes, that's the number, but that's my cell number and I'm not Jeremy. Don't even know a Jeremy off hand.
IPS: Oh, okay then. I must have been given a wrong number. Sorry about that. Goodbye.
Me: Alright. Goodbye.

So because I'm incredibly nosey, I looked up the number through reverse look up. And guess what IPS is....Independent Polygraph Services. Guess they didn't detect a lie on this one. Guess who I'm NOT going to call if I ever have use of a polygraph service. The truth? HA! They can't even get Jeremy's phone number reliably. I'm amused.

No comments: