Sunday, September 24, 2006

Scary...

So I ended up with too much time on my hands this afternoon and thought, hey, I'm single now, I'm gonna go browse some online dating ads. And things got frightening. I never thought I'd come across so many people that I either knew or recognized from somewhere. *sigh* Some waaaaayyyy too close to home. Yikes. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't be so judgmental right? I mean, I was the one on there looking right? Right. Right. Still makes me giggle though. Uncomfortably.
So the more I looked at all these, the more they sounded the same. All of the them. Saying the same thing. The demographic for single guys in my area in my age group is active and independent. Lots of single sports fanatics out there, and they're all nice guys, they're all looking for the woman of their dreams. Hm. Okay. And I thought to myself, well, some of them I'd like to chat with, just to get inside their heads and enlighten myself with their take on human behaviour, but from what I'v seen there, I wouldn't really like to date any of them. Then it hit me...cause I don't want to date ANYONE. Why am I even looking here? Okay, so maybe part of why I like being single is the idea of the possibility of something wonderful on the horizon, but why am I even THINKING about running through that part? Nope. Not interested. Think I'm way too happy being single and independent right now to bother with all that jazz. Besides, some of them have psycho-serial-killer eyes. And quite frankly, they scare me. Thanks. Bye.

No comments: