Friday, September 29, 2006

Where does he come up with this?

So, I almost posted a very offensive picture on here today, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Instead I believe I'll just tell you why I was even provoked to seek out such a monstrosity as said picture.

Yesterday morning, I turned on the TV for the boy and without warning, that large purple dinosaur of doom flashed onto the screen. There is nothing more horrifying than 47 inches of "I love you" singing dinosaur at 7 am in the morning. I must have visibly flinched...Since when I went to change the channel, I was met with cries of "NO!!!! I wanna watch Barney!"

I am in the same boat as Dooce on this, I cannot abide by the sickly sweet, obnoxiousness that is Barney. I didn't think Reese had ever been exposed. I've done my best to keep it out of his radar altogether, and tried desperately not to give the reaction of horrified recoil when I do encounter it. That reaction of course, would solidify his passion for the thing it seems. But somehow, somewhere along the way, he has encountered this filth, and is now firmly entrenched in the dark purple clutches of the prehistoric beast. Sad. But along these lines, I begin to wonder, where did this small boy encounter some of his tastes?

I'm not a big sports fan, but Reese, well, he LOVES soccer (not surprising since his dad does as well), will watch football with interest, and also hockey. He has a passion for hockey so strong that Jon was actually compelled to take him to a game. He enjoyed it immensely. Further proof that the presence of my genetics in that boy is negligible at best. I don't know where I went wrong...hockey, now this.

I almost posted a picture of Barney. I couldn't bring myself to do it. That's just wrong.

No comments: