Friday, July 20, 2007

Long time...no post

Friday, day off and no little boy. So we're heading out to the Redneck small town to do some clean up on the house out there so we can get rid of it. It's been ages since I've been on here, and my main excuse is that I'm busy, but also that the one time I came on here, blogger was being evil and I don't know if it was blogger, my internet connection or my wireless router that has issues. Hard to say, but most pirate net stations I can find are more reliable lately than the home one. Disappointing for what I pay on that. Whatever.
But...the busy. Went to Craven, had fun, only drank a little too much once, otherwise was good. Met some good friends, met up with some good friends I already knew. More to come on that later. Check facebook for pictures and such.

Small boy news: he's been with his dad for too long. I miss him tons and tons. I get him back on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it. And then hopefully I can keep him more long term than I have had him. It's time, and if his dad figures he can just keep him for two weeks straight without any question or reciprocity? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. I want what's best for Reese and more stability is what is going to get him set on track. He had a good day at daycare yesterday. I'm hoping for more, but I really don't know what his dad is doing with him, so it's hard to say. I can argue til I'm blue in the face about proper nutrition (no pop and cookies for bedtime snacks?) bedtimes, the fact that sitting in front of the tv is NOT the same as a nap, and all this gets me is more arguments and more him telling me that I'm not always right and I know nothing. It's about to change. Here's hoping. We're in communication with his Speech Path at Child and Youth, who is as much a social worker as any of them. Things are going to change. Very soon.

No comments: