Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Longest Short Weekend In Memory


The class reunion. Ten years and no one has changed significantly. This is what I was doing this weekend. Well, at least part of the weekend.

My family reunion/Great Auntie's Birthday party. This is what else I was doing this weekend. They both picked THIS weekend to have these events. The only good thing was that they were withing 6 miles of one another, so I could make an appearance at both. The downfall to this was that between the two I think I might have ended up with about 6 hours of sleep grand total. But besides that it was fun. People I haven't seen in a good 10 years, and cousins and relatives from as far away as Australia and B.C.

Monday came and back to work was rough as far as lack of sleep, for both me and Reese, and wondering if the humidity was going to go high enough that they would shut us down altogether. Makes life interesting. I dragged my sorry butt out of bed for this place and depending on the weather they can say "Thanks, but no thanks."

Last night however brought more drama than I was really prepared for. Reese's dad has not called me since early last week. He claims his phone blew up and he didn't have my cell phone number. Saturday he called the farm and got it from my mother. Monday he called the house to get me to call him because...he didn't have my cell phone number. Whatever. Silliness abounds. But now he seems to think that just because he's home he should have Reese in his possession again. And I'm being unbelievably evil because I'm saying no. Not yet. Not now. We have some things to sort out in Reese's best interest and you had him for two weeks before, now is the time to sort them out. Reasoning with him of course is about the same as talking to a wall. Even talking to myself I get further and more decisions made, but for now, I'm sitting at home waiting. I should be at work but I'm waiting for my lawyer to call me back. I'm not about to leave Reese at daycare when I don't know what his dad is going to try next. If I do take him to daycare and tell them not to let his dad pick him up, then that puts them in the middle and could cause all kinds of trauma and drama if he does decide to try and pick him up. So for now, I'm waiting. And that's about all I know this morning.

More pics of the class adventures and the family will be on facebook soon.

Ta.

H.

No comments: