Photographic proof of my son's obsession with Harry Potter. And because of that obsession, proof that he is truly my son. The only books that I could read during my pregnancy besides "To Kill a Mockingbird" were all the Harry Potter books...again and again. I tried to read Dicken's "Oliver Twist" and had to put it away, crying, because they were SO MEAN to the little boy. I simply could not deal with it. And then Reese came along, and loved Harry Potter with the same kind of infatuation that I do. We're not the only ones of course. My entire family loves Harry and his gang, along with, you know, a good percentage of the world based on the profits from the books, but it's the unique quality of the books that makes them feel distinctly like mine, that reading them feels like being home everytime, that makes me exceptionally happy that my son shares the obsession. Anyway, the entire point of this post, and this picture, is that Reese's recent obsession with Harry has caused him to ask me three times in two days to draw Harry Potter's scar on his forehead. He has also grown his hair out long enough that he can lift his fringe up to show the scar. He is an interesting little boy. He's gone to Edmonton with his dad at the moment, and has a nasty cough. I miss him lots and can't wait til he gets home...my little boy.
Monday, January 22, 2007
The Boy who Lived...
Photographic proof of my son's obsession with Harry Potter. And because of that obsession, proof that he is truly my son. The only books that I could read during my pregnancy besides "To Kill a Mockingbird" were all the Harry Potter books...again and again. I tried to read Dicken's "Oliver Twist" and had to put it away, crying, because they were SO MEAN to the little boy. I simply could not deal with it. And then Reese came along, and loved Harry Potter with the same kind of infatuation that I do. We're not the only ones of course. My entire family loves Harry and his gang, along with, you know, a good percentage of the world based on the profits from the books, but it's the unique quality of the books that makes them feel distinctly like mine, that reading them feels like being home everytime, that makes me exceptionally happy that my son shares the obsession. Anyway, the entire point of this post, and this picture, is that Reese's recent obsession with Harry has caused him to ask me three times in two days to draw Harry Potter's scar on his forehead. He has also grown his hair out long enough that he can lift his fringe up to show the scar. He is an interesting little boy. He's gone to Edmonton with his dad at the moment, and has a nasty cough. I miss him lots and can't wait til he gets home...my little boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Although, as you know, I'm not the hugest Harry Potter fan, I will give you this... Reese is so darn cute!! See, its not just your biased opinion, as you would say. This picture proves it.
Post a Comment