Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Frustrastion, anxiety and sleeplessness...

Alright, no, it's not that bad. Really it's not. I've just poked the sleeping dog because of my frustration and, once again, he's woken up angry and selfish. Of course I'm speaking of Reese's dad, who has made some pretty odd demands of me in the past, pretty much just to be at his beck and call, and I got frustrated. I spent some time over at his place with Reese and then came home and thought...why do I have a third hand tv with rabbit ears while he has the big screen projection tv with satellite. Why do I rely on unreliable and insecure pirate net, while he can afford internet no problem. Why do I continue to go into debt because of what I earn versus my living expenses while he can afford to save a substantial down payment on a house, that he no longer plans to buy in Regina, but in Calgary. And to him, this is not a problem. This is what HE has to do, so it's all fine to him. And then, I get his income tax...and I look at mine. And see that ONCE AGAIN he has lied about his income to me previously and doesn't think that the government has ANY IDEA how much child support he should be paying. So tell me, is he this special that he should be shorting me almost $200 a month? Since this time last year? When he was shorting me probably almost that much...because he lied about his income to the lawyers then. I can't even get into it.

So I told him last night that we needed to talk finances. And he can't believe it. He thinks he's being so generous, and it's all my fault cause I can't live on what he's "so generously" agreed to give me. Then the threats come. Maybe I should get a job if I can't afford to live on this. Maybe he should take Reese to Calgary with him so I won't have that expense...Yeah. Sure. That's gonna happen. Mr. "Take our son cause I simply CAN'T be bothered to take him grocery shopping with me" and take him to daycare today cause I have to be at work early. And pick him up cause I have to run late. No, I won't cover any extra gas in your car for this. And I'm not even touching on the fact that he's only here a maximum of 6 days every 14. Maximum. If things go well.

Well, that's about as much whining and bitching as I can stand for myself. Whatever. I guess I'm calling my lawyer this afternoon. Once again. And he thinks that THAT would be selfish on my part. Oh, yes, of course.

Other than that, school is hectic. And because of all this, I may not get to effectively do my fieldwork project. But something had to be said.

Whatever. I'll try and be less whiny and more positive later. Right now I have research paper to write and class to sit through.

No comments: