This morning I woke up at 5 to a little boy coughing. Poor kid. But he got back to sleep. For a bit. I was really hoping that the Spiderman curtains we created for his room last night would be sun blocking and convincing enough to cause him to stay in his bed until a reasonable hour. But not so, his internal clock proved to be far more insistent than i had figured on. And before 7 I was again woken up, but this time by a small boy crawling into bed with me. There's really not much nicer than that though, even if it is 6:45 on a saturday morning. Wee boy. Crawling in and asking "You mant to snuggle me?"
Well of course. Just lie still. Close your eyes. But no. He's up. Awake. Ready to go.
He took about a dozen pictures of the blankets and light fixtures. Then eventually left, and after some noise I was compelled to go see just what kind of trouble he was getting into. He has already reassembled mommy's "Pokey fing" (sewing machine) and hauled out half the toys from his bedroom to play with at random locations in the house.
Well, now it is almost 9:30 and I have spent most of the morning trying to find my kitchen again, and trying to figure what to do with the day. I've tried to get ahold of the brother dearest to see if he's actually made progress on his old basement suite, the cleaning and emptying of which is a task that I don't know if I can deal with. But I also know there's a small fortune in empty beer bottles there (nothing but class that brother of mine) and my vacuum cleaner, which, if gone, he will incur my wrath. I'm being patient, about the room and the lack of closet use and the inability to make any progress towards unpacking and organizing the basement and such, but I do draw the line here. And he's not answering my texts. Sigh.
So I'd like to get showered and maybe head out to the farm for the day but I'm not sure I have that option, and the longer I wait the less likely that will be. I'm ready to give up. I need big garbage bags, both for the yard and the house. Since someone figured that dumping his supper leftovers into the (bagless) garbage last night was helpful. I appreciate the sentiment dude, but now I have more mess to clean. And not feeling like I can keep up today.
No comments:
Post a Comment