I shall attempt to make this short and sweet. Well, short anyway. I don't think I'm capable of sweet today. Sunday turned into a gong show, even more so than I ever thought possible. When I arrived to take possession of the new house I was really hoping this was an april fools joke and taking down the holographic image of disaster would reveal my real new house, but no. No no no. Nothing of the sort happened. The previous tenants had left the place in pretty much a disasterous state. They still had a small mountain of their boxes in the living room of the house. And the rest was in a pretty nasty condition. I know that at times I pull the princess routine, but I'm not really a neat freak by anyone's standards, and this place grossed me out on a few levels. As well as having the paint scuffed, chipped and missing, the walls and shower filthy, holes in three out of four of the interior doors, all the closet doors off the hinges, glass broken out of the built in china cabinet and the kitchen had not been cleaned beyond the fridge. I walked through, and felt ill, because I knew what this meant. It meant, I'm not moving anytime soon and I'm stuck in a very very very awkward position.
Today: I meet the landlord and a cleaning company there at 1pm to make sure they know what all must be cleaned and to what standard. Hopefully the landlord will have some answers for me about the painting that needs to be done, as well as some keys. Because apparently, in addition to not actually vacating the house as they were supposed to, the previous tenants also didn't bother to turn in any keys to the back door. Does make anyone else extremely uncomfortable? Also of note: he finally admitted to me, which his wife did not inform me of at all, that the previous tenants had been evicted. So, if you had to evict someone from a property, don't you think it would be wise to make sure it was in rentable condition before committing to having it rented out to someone on the first of the month?
It's now April 3rd. I still don't have a house. I'm staying with the cowboy for now, which is neither convenient or ideal. Just lucky that it has worked out like this so far.
And my horoscope? Says that if I want positive Karmic return I have to continue to put in positive Karmic energy. Well, whatever the hell I'm doing, it's pissing off the cosmos on a grand scale. What. The. Fuck.
Heather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment