I'm back in town, after a brief trip out to a small town to attend a grad of people that I don't know and have never met. It was an event. It was kind of fun in a sort of bittersweet way. I realized how much I didn't enjoy my own grad, and how much stock I didn't put into such ceremonies. I guess I don't understand them so much. And I never did find the perfect dress...I'm not sure anyone really put much stock into a dress for me. Whine whine whine...but I was working two jobs at the time, probably drinking far too much for my own good, writing finals just before, unsure of what I was doing after and dealing with yet another bout of some sort of depression, and grad? Yeah, didn't really seem that important to me. I don't look back on it with any kind of malice...I just wasn't that happy at that point in time, and it shows in all the pictures.
Well, this grad was fine. Didn't have to go to the ceremonies, just the party afterwards. I picked up my brand new used toy from my friend Mae before I left the city and proceeded to try and learn on the fly how to take pictures well with a digital SLR camera. Still learning. Having fun with it though. I do like this new toy.
Also more or less figured out how to make my external hard drive talk to my computer. I'm not exactly sure what I've done, but Itunes was no longer accessing my music and I was very frustrated and scared that I had somehow lost all 13 gigs of music on my computer. It's there. I just have to hook up the external hard drive to access it now, but I can play again. Big sigh of relief.
So here's some pics I took this weekends with the new Digital Rebel. I have many many of kids and people, but since I barely know them and don't have their permission to do so, I won't post any at this point in time. Here's some of Saskatchewan. And if these pics don't touch you somehow, you're not from the prairies. As for me, I am, and I'm a true farm girl...was good to get back out in rural country. And down south, they seem so optimistic and hopeful. Maybe it's just my family and farm around home, but it does kind of seem like there's very little future in farming up there. But south of Regina, there's young farmers. I don't know if I've ever met young farmers before in Canada. Amusing.
So today is father's day and I'm wracked with guilt for my negligence. I have done nothing, not even a card, for any of the father's in my life. Nothing, even though I was remembered at mother's day. I'm careless and absent minded I guess. I'm somewhat comforted by the fact that Reese always makes something really cool for these holidays at daycare, and this year is no exception. For mother's day I received a handmade card from him, a plant and a wire butterfly that's nothing short of adorable. I think I saw what they were busy doing for father's day and it involved little three and four year old feet, paint and tshirts. They really have inexhaustable imaginations at that daycare, and I can't say enough good things about them. I just wish I could do more, cause I should be volunteering some time, or at the very least, some cash to cover the expense of all these things; the pictures, the craft supplies.
So, Sunday and I'm not sure what the plan is. I'm currently still in my Jams and I think I like it this way. We'll see what kind of trouble I can get into today.
No comments:
Post a Comment