Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Email to Mae...California Girl :)

Dear Mae,

So...well, before I get any further, let me say, I DO hope you're having a fun fun double cool with knobs time in Cali...Yay! Hamburger a go go land. But here we have it...it is now 1:37 am and I am awake. I have just finished reading "Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers" and I am NOT TIRED! Not tired at all. I AM tremendously invested in Georgia's love life however, and obsessed with this series of books. Boo. And yay!

On other high notes, Reena and I have absolutely resolved things. I was feeling tremendously guilty for abandoning her when she needed me, and in hind sight I can see just how terribly I was feeling because of the caffeine withdrawal, and that's part of it, and lazyness, but she has seen fit to forgive me and we are back on track. Have you even imagined living life inside a bottle of Rogers White Corn Syrup? That's kinda what I felt like. But I digress. Probably to meet up with her tomorrow for a bit.

Also, have accomplished my first fieldwork session today. Well, actually, got through half an hour of elicitation and decided to call it a day (cause honestly, he was remembering less and becoming frustrated more), then the phone rang as soon as I got home and here was my ill fated Italian Consultant, all jazzed up by the website he'd found and I believe the Italian was flowing back in droves. This led to a very productive conversation on what exactly was needed in elicitation sessions, some pretty decent transcription on my part, and some figuring of Italian gender, morphology and morphophonemic changes...but all over the phone where there is no digitally recorded record of it. Only my (very poor) memory and some fleeting transcriptions and notes. Ah well. Nothing to be done for it. It's looking like it may be an alright paper to write after all though. Italian has some cool stuff going on that I don't get, and some cool stuff similar to Latin and French that I do get. Anyway. Still. Not tired. Perhaps 2.5 cocktails is NOT the best plan to getting to bed and resting well. Or coffee at 6pm. Duh. And now I'm also cooking beans in the slow cooker (cause they are very high in protein and fiber and low in fat and I'm trying to eat more healthy cause dammit, I wanna be a loser, not a gainer) but the smell of cooking beans is somehow keeping me up. So you're bearing the brunt. Also, I plan on using this email to you as the full body of a blog post I'm going to put up as soon as I post this to you dear. So, here's to you, cheers, hope things are fab out there dear. Smiles and all that...

Heather

No comments: