Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Negligent once again.

So, it has been quite some time since I got around to updating this. I'll partially blame the fact that my computer had an unfortunate encounter with a glass of water that left me hooking up an old USB keyboard and mouse with somewhat substandard results while I waited for a new keyboard to arrive all the way from Alabama. But yesterday, it arrived. And I became a computer tech for a few brief shiny moments and *VOILA!* My computer is once again as good as new, and better than it was before. The old keyboard really was wearing out. And missing a key. And disgustingly dirty. So I'm chuffed that I didn't have to buy a new computer.

In other news: I finished my last day of work at Wascana Centre today. I am officially unemployed and just a few days from being a fourth year University student. Yay me. As well, I got a letter from the registrars office that says I'm in the the top 15% of my faculty and I'm to join the Golden Key International Honour Society. Yep. That's right. SMRT. That's me. Top 15%? That's really not that high though. That means there's 85% of the faculty with a lower average than me, but still, doesn't put me THAT high. I mean, I'm thinking of getting a pocket protector, but I'm gonna hold off on the horn rimmed glasses. For now. See how this semester goes though.

Well, our planned camping trip to Duck Lake has been cancelled due to good weather. Paradox? Yes. But, with harvest in full swing, there's too many things going on and too much crop in the field yet for us to run away for that long. As well, Reese's dad has refused me the extra day and wants Reese back on Sunday...which may or may not be a valid proposition. I'm so very very tired of having to change my life and my plans to fit his every whim. But nuff said about that.

I'm gonna go shower now cause I stink after a long day of walkin around, giving blood at Canadian Blood Services for 2 hours and hiding in the bushes. Then Bobum and I are gonna go get some groceries so we don't starve. Then Reese is coming home. Yay Reese!

1 comment:

Reena said...

wahoo! congrats on the Golden Key! We can be GK nerds together now... not that i'm an active member BUT a member none-the-less! U R SMRT! oh and yes, totally pumped to sit Roo! :)