Friday, May 25, 2007

Day OFF!

It's Friday, my EDO, and I'm here...sitting...waiting. Supposedly, there MIGHT be a painter coming today to fill our home once again with paint fumes (yeah, that same creepy one that was here before) however I'm not entirely sure. See, this was somewhat, awkwardly and socially ineptly set up by the Landlord...who, in a former life, was probably institutionalized in some way shape or form, cause that's the only explanation for that dude. But, in two weeks, I never received a confirmation call, although the landlord informed me that he would give THIS date to the painter, and he would call me to work out the details. So, I'm doing what I have to do. I'm staying home for a bit. I'm not leaving a key anywhere, and I'm not going to call this guy, cause frankly, I don't want him in my house. Especially not today, when the brother has left for Calgary to dress up in his geeky camo, and paint up his geeky face and shoot other geeks with small plastic pellets. He won't be home til Monday. Again, the running of the house is left to me, he needs only a place to park his stuff...in some fashion or another.
But, the painter, yes, I guess I'm hanging around the house until probably 10 ish or so, then screw it, I'll pack up my junk and leave for the farm. Cause if you can't show up in the morning, then you shoulda called to make other arrangements. Asshole. Creep.

Right now, Reese, who has been up and about since 6 a.m.-that's right, 6 a.m.- is throwing plastic golf balls down the stairs for fun and sport. And I'm left wondering, why does it take a full three days to set his internal alarm clock? And yet less than a day to have that system blown to hell and have him grumble "Leave me ALONE!" when I come in to wake him at 6? *sigh*...I give up. I'm trying. Hopefully this next week his darling daddy will see fit to hang out with him since it's another long 5 day work week for me, and frankly the kid needs a break from all this early morning, long day, chaotic night and early to bed crap that my glamorous summer job entails.

So, anyone elses opinion? My mother thinks I'm being impossibly difficult for not kissing the Landlord's ass and calling the painter to make arrangements. The painter, who should have been in here and finished things LONG before we moved in. The painter who creeped me right out, and my brother, by asking too many personal questions and trying to hold my hand when I shook it. Creep. So am I being difficult? Let's throw into the equation that my landlord's have contacted me on only two occaisions since we moved in: once, at 10 to 10 P.M. on a weeknight, and continued to talk while clearly they must have heard Reese SCREAMING in the background from a nightmare. (I'm usually in bed by 9 or 9:30 on weeknights since I work at 6:40 a.m.) and once more at 8:45 on a Sunday morning. Do these seem like the convenient and appropriate times to be calling people? I was up of course on Sunday morning, cause I can't sleep at the best of times, but really. Sunday morning? Before 9?

So today, I'm a little angry. I'm confined to the house for a bit while I try to do what is acceptable, without doing what would be logical in some people's opinions. I don't like to call people. And in my opinion, this is really not my problem. We never should have been promised a move in date of April 1st when the previous tenants were being evicted. That was irresponsible of them. And the more crap these people pull, the more I would sincerely like to just find a different place to live. The problem being, I don't like moving, I don't mind this house, and I love the location of it. *sigh* Drama. Shit. Garbage. This sucks. I just want to have a fun summer.

2 comments:

Reena said...

no way. I wouldn't call him either. and this isn't being stubborn on your behalf, just irresponsible owners. if he wants to paint, he should call you a week in advance(or more) and then again the day before to confirm. If you don't mind living without the rest of it painted, then don't worry too much. if he REALLY wants to pain, he'll call you again. :)

Reena said...

p.s. you should call him at 6am before you leave the house Monday morning :) If he's gonna play this game, so can you!